We will be adding FIOS tips as they become available. You may also be interested in our Telecommunications update page for information on the progress of the Comcast to Verizon FIOS transition.
- Returning your Comcast equipment: There is no need to call Comcast first before returning your equipment. Simply go to the Comcast Service Center at 106 Bartlett Avenue (Near Bed Bath and Beyond) Exton, PA 19341, and they will handle both the cancellation of your account and returned equipment with a receipt.
- The linked document is a explanation of Navigation with the FIOS remote as well as a listing of Music channels: see document
- This linked document is an alphabetical list of FIOS Music channels: see list
- For new adopters, the Verizon FiOS Preferred Package Channel Line-up is in the black welcome packet that you will receive from the Verizon installer.
- Introductory Verizon FIOS help can be seen on channel 131 (once you get FIOS). Tuning to channel 131 may help answer questions or solve problems you may be experiencing.
- Hershey’s Mill Channel 20 can be seen on 2 Verizon FIOS channels, 1970 and 1971. Please report any problems viewing Channel 20 to our office at 610-436-5922.
- Question: Can I still use my Comcast email address?Answer: The only change necessary is to make sure the new Verizon router password is entered into your wireless PC or MAC computer’s WiFi connection. This includes mobile phones and tablets such as iPads, etc. assuming you want to use your home’s WiFi. You can continue to use the same Internet browser program (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge) then enter the address “my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust” (no quotes). Sign into your Comcast account (if necessary) and go to your email. If you use MS Office Outlook, no changes are anticipated.The bottom line is that all of your programs, personal settings, etc. should work as well on Verizon as they did on Comcast.
Comcast’s official Email policy regarding account cancellation when transitioned to Verizon.“As a former XFINITY customer, you can still use your Comcast.net email address if you logged into your account in the 90 days prior to disconnecting your service. Your email account will remain active as long as you access it at least once every month”.
All other Email accounts, such as Gmail, AOL, MSN, Outlook, etc., will not be affected after the transition to Verizon.
How to Use Verizon FiOS Features
January 15, 2018
Tune your Television to Channel 131: to watch short videos on how to get help setting up Controls, Voice Mail and More.
www.WelcometoFiOS.verizon.com: Visit the website to learn detailed information on using your TV Remote, DVR, FiOS Mobile App and More.
Remote Control – Learn about your Remote. Watch a video at www.Verizon.com/remotecontrolvideo
Channel 20: is now Channel 1970 or 1971, watch in the near future for videos on how to use Verizon Equipment and services.
Netflix is available on Channel 838 (easier than the Widget) – this is a subscription service. If you already subscribe, set up & sign in under your subscription information.
Voice Mail Set Up: Voice Mail will be a New Voice Mail. Activate your Fios Digital Voice Mail service by dialing 1-888-234-6786 or *86 from your home phone. Your password will be the last 4 digits of your telephone number.
To Access Your Home Voice Mail after Activation or After Setting It Up: Dial 1-888-234-6786 or from your home phone dial *86. Follow the prompts.
RoBo Calls: Nomorobo is a third-party service that can help block robocalls and telemarketers from calling your Fios Digital Voice home phone.
Setting up a Nomorobo account is simple and free: Go to nomorobo.com and signup. Then log into your Fios Digital Voice portal and click Enable Nomorobo on Fios Digital Voice line.
To watch a video, go to: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/consumer-education/robocalls/nomorobo.htm
Wi-Fi – Connect your Wi-Fi
LOCATE the wireless network name and password on the side of your router.
LAUNCH the Wi-Fi application on your device.
SELECT your network name from the list of networks.
ENTER your Wi-Fi password and select Connect.
WATCH a video at Verizon.com/wifivideo for more information
Verizon FiOS Mobile App – download from the App Store: Watch live TV and stream On Demand to all your devices. Record programs remotely.