Helping others while contributing and feeling worthwhile yourself.
Volunteer Opportunities within Hershey’s Mill
- Careshares – helping your neighbor
- Hershey’s Mill activity group (activity groups often need help)
- Hershey’s Mill pool check-in (summer)
- HM Branch of Paoli Hospital Auxiliary
See more about the Paoli Hospital Auxiliary (HM Branch)
- TV Channel 20 (HMCableTV20) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The studio is located at 20 Hershey’s Drive, near the Main entrance to Hershey’s Mill. Over 50 volunteers consisting of advertising sales specialists, studio set designers, cameramen, video editing technicians, accounting clerks, and many more that are responsible for keeping the station on the air and moving forward.
- Website (yes, this one- hersheysmill.org) Contact email@example.com
Help of all types needed. Spend as much or as little time as you like. Pick an aspect that is interesting to you. If you know something about computers and the internet, great. If you don’t and want to learn, you can. Much of what we do is not that hard or complicated. And there are plenty of other things. Maintain some of our pages (maybe more pages for your village or activity), gather information, write, edit, give your opinion, somehow it all comes together as a good resource for HM residents. Be a part of it.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Chester Co Hospital (610-431-5000) Kath Stocken- volunteer director
- Paoli Hospital Volunteer office (484-580-1000) Donna McKee, Linda Burton
Supports 34 departments- a 6 month commitment of 4 hrs weekly
- Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital (610-484-596-5599) Yuonne Navarro-Brewer
- American Red Cross (215-299-4803) Bryan Payne – Volunteer Coordinator
- West Chester Area Senior Center (610-431-4242) Jim Mobilen – volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer English Program (Tutoring adults to improve English skills)
- Chester County Library (610-289-3235) Coordinator of Volunteers
- RSVP (610-696-4900) One of the largest volunteer networks for people 55 and over
- Habitat for Humanity (610-466-1890)
- Create the Good (AARP site connects you with volunteer opportunities)
- Meals on Wheels Chester County (610-430-8500) Deliver meals to homebound Chester Co residents
- Corp for National & Community Service – Senior Corps
“Think of what you can do when you give your time to help your community”
- Chester and Delaware County SCORE
(610-344-6910) Volunteers who donate their time to mentor small business entrepreneurs.
- Community Volunteers in Medicine CVIM is a community-based, volunteer nonprofit organization providing primary medical and dental care to low income, working people in Chester County without insurance, enabling them to continue to be contributing members of the community.
- The Committee of Judy’s Cookie Jar – made up of volunteers at CVIM who live in Hershey’s Mill. To read more, click here.
- East Goshen Township maintains a webpage with Volunteer opportunities to help our township.